We’re opening the doors to Seattle’s new home for words!
1634 Eleventh Avenue
on the corner of Eleventh and East Olive
Join Hugo House on September 22 as we open the doors to our new home — 10,000 square feet designed by and for writers and readers.
Explore all the nooks and crannies, catch pop-up readings, hear music, and find literary experiences around every corner.
- Special guest Maria Semple and emcee Nancy Guppy
- Performances and installations from Vis-à-Vis Society and more
- Pop-up readings from beloved local writers, including Anastacia-Renee, Quenton Baker, Suzanne Morrison and Hugo House writers-in-residence Kristen Millares Young and Amber Flame
- Original literature-inspired music from The Bushwick Book Club
- A special edition of Works in Progress open mic from 5 – 5:45 pm (be one of the first writers to read on the new stage!) Keep readings to one piece, and three minutes max
- Afterparty from 8-10 pm with DJ Gabriel Teodros of KEXP
This event is free and open to the public.
Thank you to our event sponsors Pabst Blue Ribbon